Mission Statement

Our Mission is to promote art and art education in the community and among its members. To encourage and promote a public interest and understanding of art; to create and develop a closer relationship between art and the community and further the education and artistic development of its members.


Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Bathing Sparrow

Bathing Sparrow


For some reason my attention has been drawn to this little speck of life by Karen Chamblin --, Bathing Sparrow. I believe it's the momentary abandonment of self -- a complete surrender to a brief interlude, which gives me a wonderful feeling of life's source.

 
A young woman from NC, a writer, and her mother were in the gallery at the time, and she gave me the word I needed to describe the moment. Thank you, Michele.



~Fern Christian, Director The Renaissance Art Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment