Mission Statement

Our Mission is to promote art and art education in the community and among its members. To encourage and promote a public interest and understanding of art; to create and develop a closer relationship between art and the community and further the education and artistic development of its members.


Monday, January 20, 2014

Fern Christian On Cold Wax Oil


 
 

This is the painting that is done with oil  paint, hard wax, and fused with heat. I liked the way it came together, but, I didn't use a good substrate!

 

I guess it can be called "Dining on Crow "

 

I did something  I always tell my students not to do.

 
 
 


Never paint on a substrate that is not intended to be permanent. Or at least considered better than cardboard.

 

Needless to say, I grabbed a canvas board and explored an idea. I did put a coat of gesso on with a painting knife before I started. Yes it looks OK, but because of the quality of the support, or rather the lack of quality of the support, I will not be able to really show or offer this piece. It is simply not up to my professional standards.
 
~Fern Christian
 
 

 

 

 

 

Maybe we can display it as something NOT to do.

 

Fern will not sign this work, nor offer it for sale because, using a substandard substrate put this below her standards of excellence.

No comments:

Post a Comment